I’m a (serious) ice cream lover! When I try to eat healthy, especially in summer, cutting my ice cream is really difficult! Then I discovered nicecream 🙂 Below is also a recipe for banana-free nicecream. Both my kiddos also loves this.
Here is a simple recipe:
- 1 frozen banana cut in chunks
- 1 cup of yogurt (plant based is best but since I’m following a high fat, high protein diet, I use my own full cream dairy yogurt)
- Heaped teaspoon of peanut butter
- To make it sweet add one of the following: a tablespoon of dates, a teaspoon of honey, or half a teaspoon of xylitol. For some of you the banana will be sweet enough.
I use my stick blender and just blend away. It will have the consistency of soft serve ice cream. If it’s not thick enough, put it in the freezer for 30minutes. Then take it out and blend it some more. It’s creamy and delicious
CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (coconut or almond works best. in times when I haven’t had either, I used dairy milk and added 1ml of essence)
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa
Just mix it up and put in the fridge for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
I scooped everything in a jar and topped it off with some coconut flakes and a dark chocolate coated hazelnut.
My hubby is allergic to banana, so I made him the following. Little Lisa also loved it:
BANANA-FREE FROZEN YOGURT
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 heaped teaspoon peanutbutter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 50ml cream
You probably don’t need the cream but I had it and Daniel puts cream in EVERYthing, so decided to use it. I whipped the cream and then added the other ingredients. Mix it well. Put in the freezer. After 1 hour, stir it and put it back in the freezer. After another hour in the freezer, and then took it out and blended it to be smooth